Lasting 5-12 days
How safe is a spray tan?
- Million dollar Tan Products are water based, non-pore clogging, never tested on animals, organically made and free of parabens or any other gross additive
The secret to achieving a perfect spray tan glow has everything to do with preparing the skin before a session and maintaining the tan after the session
- Remember to exfoliate before your appointment: scrub your entire body to slough off dead skin and soften dry patches. (Tanning without exfoliating can leave you splotchy or uneven)
- Wax or shave prior to your appointment: always wax or shave (everywhere) first. Even the smallest amount of stubble can cause buildup at the follicle. Also, shaving after your spray tan can actually remove the product and cause it to fade faster
- Don’t wear lotion: Applying a moisturizer before getting a spray tan creates a barrier between the product and your skin. Your tan will be too light and best, and at worst, streaky. You can moisturize up to 24 hours before your appointment, or you may choose to wait until your colour is completely set.
- Don’t wear makeup: Your technician will tan your face, so make sure you remove all make up before your appointment. At the very least, pack a few makeup remover wipes.
- Prepare to strip! : You’ll be asked to get naked (according to your comfort level – you can wear underwear or a bathing suit, but keep tan lines in mind). We recommend at least going topless and wearing small underwear.
- Don’t wear accessories: Remove all necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings that you can. Not only will it make for a better spray tan, it’ll save you jewelry clean up time.
- Wear something loose: Whatever you do, don’t wear white or tight clothing just after your spray tan. Light color’s can get stained, while tight pants or boots can rub against your skin and remove colour in those areas.
- Don’t make social plans afterwards: Most spray tan products include visible colour to ensure even coverage. Since you will have to wait a minimum of five hours before showering, you’ll typically get an initial shade that’s far deeper than the resulting tan. While the formula develops, you also get the telltale tanning smell. All in all, we recommend staying up until you’re able to rinse off.
- Don’t book a workout or exercise class: Sweat will make the tan drip right off your body. Do yourself a favor and skip the workout that evening.